The main lines of work of the Area of Processes are:
- Medium-carbon microalloyed steels.
- Hot deformation of commercially pure copper for tube extrusion.
- Characterisation of welding alloys Sn-Pb and Sn-Ag.
- Hot ductility, constitutive equations and forecasting of solidification microstructures of construction steels obtained by continuous casting.
- Obtaining materials with tixotropic behaviour by compocasting.
- Development of processing routes for obtaining metals with ultrafine grain.
- Characterisation of metals by hot and cold deformation for rotative lamination.
- Forming of composite materials.
Within the main lines of research the area is working on:
- Physical metallurgy of hot deformation
" Hot ductility and forecasting of solidification microstructures
- Description of the continuous and discontinuous dynamic recristallisation phenomena.
- Implementation of the EBSD technique on the follow up of the restoration and recristallisation mechanisms.
- Constitutive equations of hot deformation. Composition effect.
Obtention of metals with ultrafine and nanometric grains
- Determination of the interdendritic spacing and effect of the chemical composition in steels obtained by continuous casting.
- Simulation of the process and effect of the control variables.
- Hot ductility study of construction steels.
- Mechanical milling.
- Equal channel angular pressing